Thursday, February 4, 2010

azalea portrait & green thumb (couple a day #18)





Today's couple is actually another pair. This is a new format for me (5" x 7") and I am loving it. By the end of the day today I think I will have made twelve this week. We're trying a new frame as well...they'll be gallery wrapped oil on linen presented in a 'floating' black frame so that you see a little of the painted edges.

I'm calling them "Singletons" in my head because the shape and size work best for single figures. Yesterday I was fantasizing about a whole show of singletons, maybe 200 or so, in a beautiful, clean gallery space. I'll let you know if that actually happens.

Girly is "Azalea Portrait", oil on linen 7" x 5" $200
Fella is "Green Thumb", oil on linen, 7" x 5", $200 (sold)

No comments:

Post a Comment