Monday, April 5, 2010

reservoir dogs



In Houston at the Bayou City show a few weeks ago, a prospective client told me that my newest piece, "Striding Plaid Foursome" (oil on linen, 36" x 60"), reminded him of Reservoir Dogs. I can't tell you how much I loved this comment as the reference for this work made me think of every cool, slow-mo 'guys walk toward the camera to an awesome song' movie scene. Those get me every single time, from R. Dogs to The Right Stuff to Swingers to my recent favorite, Paul Rudd and his rag tag groomsmen in I Love You Man.

Did I just tell too much about myself?

Anyway, I came back from Houston and had to make another. Here is "Boardwalk" (oil on linen, 36" x 60", $2800):



and here is the progression of the plaid foursome:




3 comments:

  1. Both of these "guys walking" paintings get the soundtrack going in my head! Thanks to that profound "reservoir dogs" guy for adding music options to your images for me! Hope you don't mind if I start humming the next time I visit your studio!

    ReplyDelete