Sunday, May 8, 2011

Art & Light Installation


We've been busy beavers since my last post (two months ago...embarrassing). Two trips to Texas, one to Kansas City, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. The one bit of doin' I'm most excited to report is that we've just opened our first exhibition here in our new hometown of Greenville SC.

I was in Art & Light the first time last November when Genna and I were just considering our move. I was so impressed with the quality of the artists and the clever, current style of the displays that I figured Greenville couldn't be half bad! Gallerist and designer Theresa Roche presents her artist's works alongside carefully chosen mid century furniture and lighting. She has an awesome eye and a great sense of humor (uber important to good design).

So, we were incredibly honored that our G'ville coming out party took place at Art & Light. Theresa visited our studio a few weeks before the opening to preview the work in order to chose furniture and accessories as appropriate accompaniments. The result is one of my favorite installations of our work ever. My favorite part is the vignette in the rear of the gallery featuring our 'Secondary Class Portraits I & II' (24" x 72" each panel) and 'Pre Poker' hanging above the 100" 60's Henredon sofa. The fabric on the sofa is original and converses brilliantly with the underpainting in the class portrait.

If you're in the area in May, go by and check it out. Also on site are our good friends Joey Bradley and Kent Ambler and many other fantastic local artists. For gallery hours and other info, visit A & L online at www.artandlightgallery.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment